Covington Personal Injury Attorney
Accidents that cause serious injuries can happen anytime, and usually when a person least expects them. Unfortunately, many people are injured each day due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, business, or entity. When this happens, the team at the Law Offices of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery is ready to help victims. Our Covington personal injury attorneys have vast experience helping injured clients recover the compensation they are entitled to from those that caused them harm.
Why choose Hendy Johnson Vaughn Emery for your case?
After sustaining a serious personal injury caused by the careless or negligent actions of somebody else, you need assistance from an attorney with vast experience handling these cases. At Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, we are here for you:
- We focus entirely on personal injury law and nothing else, which has helped us become recognized as authorities in the field.
- We are committed to consistent and transparent communication with every client. You will always have access to your attorney any questions and concerns about your case.
- Our team has a proven track record of success, having secured billions of dollars in favorable verdicts and settlements for clients.
- We take all Covington personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients face no upfront or out of pocket costs for their case. Clients only pay legal fees after we secure the compensation they deserve.
How will an attorney help this case?
An attorney is going to be an invaluable resource for victims of personal injuries. In most cases, an injury victim does not have the resources, legal knowledge, or time to properly investigate their case and pursue the compensation they deserve. Our Covington personal injury attorneys will be responsible for handling every aspect of your case, including the following:
- Securing all evidence from the incident. This can include any video surveillance from the scene, photographs, accident reports, eyewitness accounts, and more.
- Ensuring that you are evaluated by a trusted medical professional who will fully assess your injuries and work to create a treatment plan.
- Negotiating with every party involved to reach a compensation that is fair for all of your accident-related injuries.
- Preparing to take a case to trial if the other parties refuse to offer a fair settlement.
How do personal injuries occur?
There are many ways in which a person can be injured due to the negligent, reckless, or careless actions of another person. At Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, our Covington personal injury lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained injuries in the following ways:
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents or other mass transit incidents
- Workplace accidents
- Medical mistakes
- Birth injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Elder abuse cases
- Nursing home abuse
- Dog bite injuries
- Defective products
- Dangerous prescription medications or medical devices
This is not an all-inclusive list of the ways a person can be injured. If you have been harmed and have questions about whether or not you have a viable personal injury claim, speak to a qualified Covington personal injury attorney before making any decisions moving forward.
When looking at this list of ways that people can be injured, we can see that there may be many liable parties. Anytime the actions of another person, group of people, business, or entity causes harm to another person, they can be held liable for any injuries and damages.
In general, when a duty of care is owed to another person, and that duty is breached, the party who breached their duty will be held liable. For example, all drivers owe a duty of care to those around them. If a driver chooses to get behind the wheel while intoxicated, they are essentially breaching their duty and can be held liable for any injuries they cause.
Most common injuries we help clients handle
There are various types of injuries that can occur due to the careless or negligent actions of another person. This can include physical injuries as well as emotional and psychological injuries. Our Covington personal injury lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations, puncture wounds, or amputations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Crush injuries
Victims of serious personal injuries often sustain emotional and psychological trauma as well. Injury victims could suffer from severe anxiety, heightened levels of stress, insomnia, fear, and more. It is not uncommon for personal injury victims to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result of what has happened to them.
What is the time limit to file a personal injury claim?
Every state is responsible for setting a statute of limitations (time limits) that victims have to file a personal injury claim against a negligent party. It is important that you contact an attorney as soon as possible as there are specific statute of limitations for each type of case which sets time limitations in which to file a lawsuit or your potential case will be forever barred. Please contact the attorneys at Hendy Johnson Vaughn Emery to discuss your potential case and the applicable statute of limitations.
How much compensation can you get for your case?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an incident that was caused by another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to significant compensation. At the Law Offices of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, we are going to investigate every aspect of your case so we can secure the compensation you are entitled to. This can include:
- Coverage of past, present, and future medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
When you need a Covington personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling toll free at 888-606-5297.