Covington Wrongful Death Lawyer
Losing a loved one is not easy. This is most certainly the case if your loved one was killed due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, company, or entity. At Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, we are dedicated to helping family members get through a tough time like this. Our Covington wrongful death attorneys will investigate wrongful death claims and work to secure any compensation a family deserves so they can gain some closure for what happened.
Why Justice Starts Here is your choice for your case
After losing a loved one due to the actions of somebody else, you need help from a compassionate and skilled attorney. The team at Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery is ready to help you through this difficult period.
- We take the time to get to know every client’s situation and focus on personalized attention. We want to understand your goals as we move forward with your case.
- Our team has a proven track record of success and has secured billions of dollars in compensation through favorable settlements and verdicts for our clients.
- We take Covington wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, which means families owe us nothing until we secure the compensation they are entitled to.
How will an attorney help you with this case?
It is vital that an attorney handled these complex cases. Most grieving family members do not have the legal experience or resources necessary to secure complete compensation for their loved one’s death. A Covington wrongful death attorney will be responsible for:
- Thoroughly investigating the incident by obtaining all evidence related to the incident (accident reports, photo or video surveillance, eyewitness accounts, and more).
- Working with economic and medical experts to properly calculate the total losses incurred by surviving family members.
- Negotiating with all parties in order to secure the compensation the grieving family is entitled to and preparing for trial if a fair settlement offer is not made.
Wrongful death cases happen in a variety of ways
Under Kentucky law, we can see that wrongful death is defined as “the death of a person (that) results from an injury inflicted by the negligence or wrongful act of another.” This wrongful act or negligence could be committed by another person, business, or entity.
In Kentucky, the court will name or appoint someone to be the personal representative for the deceased’s estate. This person will be responsible for bringing a wrongful death claim. Wrongful death compensation in Kentucky will be distributed to a surviving spouse and any surviving children. If there is no surviving spouse or children, the deceased person’s parents can receive the compensation.
There are various ways that these cases arise, and our Covington wrongful death attorneys regularly help family members of those who have been killed due to:
- Careless or negligent drivers
- Drunk or impaired drivers
- Distracted driving behavior
- Commercial truck accidents
- Unsafe working conditions
- Defective prescription drugs
- Medical mistakes
- Birth injuries
- Defective products
- Premises incidents
We will help bring closure for your family
If you have lost a loved one due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, let the Law Offices of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery help you get through this. We are going to investigate what happened so we can secure any compensation you may be entitled to. This could include:
- Loss of future income and benefits of the deceased
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of consortium or companionship damages
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Cost of pre-death medical care
- Possible punitive damages against those responsible
When you need a Covington wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling toll free at (502) 540 5700.