Covington Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can lead to severe injuries for those involved, and victims are often left in a precarious financial situation while they are trying to recover. If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident that was caused by the careless or negligent actions of another driver, contact the Law Offices of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery today. Our Covington car accident attorneys are ready to handle every aspect of your case in order to secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why choose Hendy Johnson Vaughn Emery for this case?
In the aftermath of a car accident, you need to secure assistance from a team you can trust both personally and professionally. At Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, we are ready to get to work on your case.
- We ensure that every client receives personalized attention from the beginning of their case through to the conclusion. Cases are never handed off to junior associates or paralegals.
- We focus solely on personal injury law, which gives us an advantage when it comes to securing the compensation our clients need.
- We are committed to transparent and continual communication throughout a client’s entire case.
- We take all Covington car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that clients pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they deserve through a verdict or settlement.
Do you need an attorney for this case?
Car accident cases can become unimaginatively complex, particularly dealing with an insurer that does not want to pay out a large settlement. Most car accident victims do not have the legal experience or resources necessary to properly pursue the compensation they need. Your Covington car accident attorney will be responsible for:
- Securing all evidence from the scene of the crash, including eyewitness statements, any available video surveillance, photos taken at the scene, the police report, and more.
- Obtaining your medical records and working with trusted medical professionals to fully assess the extent of your injuries.
- Negotiating with every party involved, including aggressive insurance carriers, to secure all compensation you need.
How common are car accidents?
Even though nobody wants to be involved in a car accident, these incidents are not uncommon in and around the Covington area. According to the Kentucky Department of Transportation and state police data, we know that there were 158,171 total traffic accidents reported across the state during the latest reporting year. Out of those collisions, there were 860 total fatalities and 34,774 total injuries.
In Kentucky, the majority of collisions involve two or more passenger vehicles. However, there are also many accidents in Kentucky that involve vehicles striking pedestrians and bicyclists causing serious injuries, as well as vehicles running into fixed objects that lead to significant property damage.
Common car accident injuries
Injuries caused by car accidents range from relatively minor to severe. It is not uncommon for the Covington car accident attorneys at Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery to help clients who have sustained the following:
- Serious brain injuries
- Open head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Total or partial paralysis
- Whiplash injuries
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
Even car accident victims who sustain minor injuries can incur major medical expenses. If a victim is unable to work due to their injuries, they could lose the income they need to support themselves and their families while they recover.
Will insurance cover these expenses?
Kentucky is considered a “choice no-fault” accident state when it comes to insurance after a car accident. This means that drivers who have no-fault insurance coverage first turn to their own personal insurance protection (PIP) for coverage of medical expenses following an accident. However, many accident injuries lead to medical expenses rising above PIP coverage limits. In these cases, drivers can then file a lawsuit against the at-fault party to recover compensation.
If a driver has opted out of no-fault coverage, they will initially pursue a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier to recover compensation for their injuries. In Kentucky, the following types of coverage are required:
- $25,000 bodily injury per person per accident
- $50,000 bodily injury for all persons per accident
- $10,000 property damage liability
- $10,000 personal injury protection
Kentucky does not require drivers to carry underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage, though these two coverages will be very beneficial in the event you are struck by someone with no insurance or who does not have enough insurance to cover all of your expenses.
What is the time limit to file a claim?
It is important that you contact an attorney as soon as possible as there are specific statute of limitations for each type of case which sets time limitations in which to file a lawsuit or your potential case will be forever barred.
These timelines can be confusing, which is why it is vital to work with a Covington car accident attorney to ensure that any claim or lawsuit is initiated on time.
How much compensation is available for this?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a car accident that was caused by another person’s negligent actions, you may be entitled to significant compensation. When you turn to Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, you are putting your case in the hands of a team with vast experience handling these cases. The total amount of compensation you receive will depend on several factors related to your case, but our attorneys regularly help clients secure the following:
- Coverage of all crash-related medical expenses
- Lost income if they cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent driver
Our firm is not afraid to stand up to aggressive insurance companies to recover the total compensation you deserve. If you need a Covington car accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling toll free at 888-606-5297.