Louisville Personal Injury Attorney
Nobody should ever have to worry about being harmed due to the careless or negligent actions of another person. However, at the Law Offices of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, our Louisville personal injury attorneys are here to help if you have been injured. We will investigate every aspect of your case in order to secure the compensation you are entitled to. Get a free case evaluation by sending us a message or calling (859) 578-4444.
Why choose Hendy Johnson Vaughn Emery for a personal injury case?
It is vital to secure an injury lawyer with extensive experience handling these types of cases, and the experienced legal team at Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery is ready to help.
- We specialize only in personal injury law, which has given us specialized experience in this field and will allow us to obtain maximum compensation on behalf of each client.
- We work to ensure that our clients receive personalized and direct attention from their attorney. Our law firm will not hand your case off to a junior associate or a paralegal.
- We take all Louisville personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation you deserve.
Do you need an injury attorney for this case?
Personal injury cases can become incredibly complex. Usually, an injury victim does not have the resources or legal experience to properly pursue the compensation they need. Your Louisville personal injury attorney will be responsible for:
- Obtaining all evidence in the case, including video surveillance, photos, eyewitness statements, accident reports, and more.
- Working with skilled medical professionals to properly evaluate the full extent of your injuries and the cost of care.
- Negotiating with all parties involved including insurance companies to arrive at a fair settlement on your behalf or taking the case to trial if necessary.
- Preparing your case for trial if the at-fault party refuses to offer a fair settlement on your behalf.
Personal injuries occur in a variety of ways
There are innumerable ways that a person can be injured due to the careless or negligent actions of somebody else. At the Law Offices of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, our Louisville personal injury attorneys regularly help clients who have sustained injuries due to the following:
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents or other mass transit incidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective product incidents
- Elder abuse cases and nursing home abuse
- Dog bites
- Dangerous prescription drugs
- E-cigarette and vaping injury cases
This is certainly not a complete list of the type of injuries that can occur. Anytime the actions of another person, business, or entity cause harm to someone else, they should be held accountable for their actions. Please speak with a qualified attorney before making any decisions regarding the direction your case should take.
In general, anytime someone owes a duty of care to another person, and they breach that duty, they could be held liable for any injuries and damages they cause. For example, a commercial truck driver must follow all rules and regulations concerning their industry, including not operating while impaired by alcohol. If they do drive impaired and cause an accident, they have breached their duty of care and could be held liable for any injuries they caused.
Most common injuries in a personal injury case
There are various injuries that a person can sustain if they are harmed due to the actions of another. It is not uncommon for our Louisville personal injury lawyers to help clients who have sustained the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries with possible paralysis
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
We also need to discuss other “hidden injuries” that victims can sustain. This can include immense emotional and psychological trauma caused by the incident and the injuries. A person can suffer from pain and suffering and it is not uncommon for injury victims to sustain extended periods of anxiety, fear, and depression due to these incidents. Personal injury victims could even suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result of their injuries.
What is the statute of limitations for a Louisville, KY personal injury claim?
Each state is responsible for setting a time limit (called the statute of limitations) for how long an injury victim has to file a lawsuit after they have sustained an injury caused by somebody else. It is important that you contact an attorney as soon as possible as there are specific statute of limitations for each type of injury claim which sets time limitations in which to file a lawsuit or your potential case will be forever barred.
Due to these stringent statutes of limitations, it is vital that you seek help from a Louisville personal injury lawyer soon after you are injured in order to properly secure the compensation you are entitled to.
How much compensation is available in personal injury cases?
It can be incredibly difficult to pinpoint exactly how much compensation a personal injury victim will be awarded. There are many factors that go into a final compensation amount. An attorney will work to calculate both economic and non-economic damages.
The true cost of a personal injury goes well beyond medical bills and lost income. There are various other “hidden costs” accident victims and families may incur during injury claims, including the cost of vehicle or home modifications, the cost of travel to and from hospitals and doctor’s offices, medical equipment, and more.
If you or somebody you love has suffered a serious injury due to the careless or negligent behaviors of another person, company, or entity, there are various types of compensation you may be entitled to. At the Law Offices of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, our legal team regularly helps personal injury victims recover the following compensation:
- Any medical expenses related to the injury
- Lost income and benefits if a victim is unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
Contact a Louisville Personal Injury Lawyer
If you need an experienced Louisville personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at (859) 578-4444.
“Mr. Vaughn’s experience and dedication to my case far exceeded any of my expectations. I would highly recommend him and his law firm to anyone dealing with an auto accident personal injury lawsuit.” – Peggy A.