Louisville Birth Injury Attorney
When parents are expecting a child, it should be a time of joy. However, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of a medical professional cause injuries during the labor and birthing process. If your child has been harmed and you need a Louisville birth injuries attorney, you can count on the team at the Law Office of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery to help. We will investigate your case and work to secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why choose Hendy Johnson Vaughn Emery?
When families are going through something as devastating as an injury to their child, they can turn to the trusted team of Louisville personal injury attorneys at Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery for help with their case.
- Our compassionate and experienced attorneys focus on giving individualized attention to every client. Your attorney, not a paralegal or junior associate, will handle your case from start to finish.
- Our firm focuses solely on personal injury law, giving us years of specialized experience that will enable us to secure maximum compensation for your claim.
- We take all Louisville birth injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that families will owe no legal fees until we secure a favorable verdict or settlement.
Will an attorney help your case?
For birth injury cases, as with any medical malpractice case, an attorney is going to be necessary. These cases require extensive legal experience and resources to properly investigate. Your Louisville birth injury attorney will:
- Obtain all evidence necessary to prove the medical mistake that took place
- Work with medical experts to calculate the total cost of care involved
- Negotiate with all parties involved to secure the compensation you deserve
- Take your case to trial if necessary
- Understanding birth injuries
There are various types of injuries that can occur to a newborn due to the careless or negligent actions of a healthcare provider. Some of the most common birth injuries include:
- Bone fractures
- Meconium aspiration
- Fetal oxygen deprivation
- Brain bleeds
- Nerve damage
Each of these injuries can lead to lifelong disabilities for a child. A lack of oxygen to a child’s brain could lead to cerebral palsy, a condition that leaves a person in need of special assistance their entire lives.
There are various ways in which these injuries can occur, including:
- The misuse of forceps or a vacuum device during delivery
- A failure to perform a C-section when necessary
- Failing to recognize maternal distress
- Not recognizing umbilical cord misplacement
- Failing to recognize and handle a breech birth
- Improper follow-up care after delivery
Johns Hopkins researchers have indicated that medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the US. Unfortunately, these mistakes often occur during the delivery process.
What kind of compensation is available for these cases?
Parents of a child who sustains a birth injury need to seek legal assistance as soon as possible about their case. At the Law Office of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, we are dedicated to helping families get through this impossibly difficult time. There are various types of recoverable damages in these cases, including:
- Compensation for all medical expenses related to the error(s)
- Coverage of long-term care if necessary
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages against the medical provider or agency they work for
When you need a Louisville birth injuries attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at (859) 578-4444.