Louisville Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The last thing anyone should have to worry about is getting struck by a vehicle, but pedestrian accidents are not uncommon. If you or a loved one are injured due to the careless or negligent actions of a driver, contact Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery today. Our Louisville pedestrian accident attorneys will investigate your case and work to secure any compensation you are entitled to.
Justice Starts Here is ready to help
After sustaining a serious pedestrian accident injury, you need an attorney you can trust both personally and professionally. Turn to the Louisville personal injury lawyers at Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery for help today.
- Our firm focuses solely on personal injury cases, which has allowed us to become recognized as authorities in this field.
- We pride ourselves in giving clients personalized and direct attention to their case from start to finish. Our clients always have access to their attorney.
- We take Louisville pedestrian accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs. We only collect legal fees after we win the case.
Why do you need an attorney for this case?
An attorney will be an invaluable resource after a pedestrian accident injury. Your lawyer will be responsible for all aspects of your case so you can focus on recovering. Your attorney will obtain all evidence related to the incident, including surveillance video, photographs, witness statements, and the police report.
Your lawyer will work with medical and economic experts to properly calculate your total losses so they can negotiate for a fair settlement. If necessary, your attorney will be ready to take your case to trial.
Pedestrian accidents can lead to serious injuries
According to the Kentucky Department of Transportation, there were 1,024 total pedestrian collisions during the latest reporting year of data available. Out of these incidents, there were 79 fatalities, 170 suspected serious injuries, 372 suspected minor injuries, and 320 possible injuries.
Pedestrians have no protection from the force of a passenger vehicle slamming into their bodies, which is why so many of these accidents result in fatalities or injuries. It is not uncommon for the Louisville pedestrian accident attorneys at our firm to help clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Spinal cord injuries with possible paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Severe road rash
In many cases, pedestrian accidents are caused by the careless and negligent operation of a vehicle driver. Pedestrians are particularly vulnerable to distracted driving and drunk driving behaviors. In many cases, pedestrians are struck while using marked crosswalks.
Can you get compensation for this?
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a pedestrian accident that was caused by another person’s careless or negligent actions, seek legal assistance today. At Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, we are going to get to the bottom of what happened and work to secure all compensation you are entitled to. This can include:
- All medical expenses related to the pedestrian crash
- Lost income and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
If you need a Louisville pedestrian accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at (859) 578-4444.