Louisville Bicycle Accident Attorney
There are plenty of bicyclists in and around the Louisville area. Unfortunately, there are also far too many bicycle accidents that cause serious injuries to riders. At Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, we are here to help if you need a Louisville bicycle accident lawyer. We will investigate your case and work to secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why choose Hendy Johnson Vaughn Emery?
In the aftermath of a serious bicycle accident injury, victims need to find a Louisville personal injury lawyer with vast experience handling these types of cases. The law firm of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery is ready to help.
- The sole focus of our firm is personal injury law. This has given us years of specialized experience that will help us secure the compensation you deserve.
- We pride ourselves on giving each client individualized attention. An attorney will handle your case directly from start to finish.
- We take all Louisville bicycle accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they deserve.
Will an attorney be beneficial for your case?
Most people who are injured in a bicycle accident do not have the resources or legal experience necessary to properly secure the compensation they are entitled to without legal representation. Your Louisville bicycle accident lawyer will be responsible for:
- Gathering all evidence from the incident (any photos or videos, eyewitness accounts, accident reports, etc.).
- Ensuring that you are evaluated by a trusted medical professional.
- Properly calculating your total economic and non-economic damages.
- Communicating with insurance companies.
- Negotiating with all parties to secure fair compensation for your total losses.
Bicycle accidents can lead to severe injuries
Bicycle accidents are often devastating. According to the Kentucky Department of Transportation, there were hundreds of bike accidents throughout the state during the latest reporting year. Even if a bicyclist is wearing a helmet, that does not mean they will not sustain a serious injury. Passenger vehicles weigh several thousand pounds, and this can inflict serious injuries on a bicyclist if an accident occurs. It is not uncommon for the Louisville bicycle accident lawyers at Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery to help clients who have sustained the following injuries:
- Open head wounds
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones and dislocations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe road rash or lacerations
In many cases, a bike accident is caused by the careless or negligent actions of vehicle drivers. The Kentucky DOT says the following are the most common bicycle accident causes:
- Drivers failing to yield the right of way
- Driver distraction
- Driver inattention (Not looking at the blind spots)
- Impaired drivers
It is vital for drivers to understand that bicyclists have the right to use the roadway just like any other motor vehicle in most circumstances.
Is there compensation for a bicycle accident?
If you, a family member or someone you care about has been injured in a bicycle collision that was caused by another person’s careless or negligent actions, contact the Louisville bicycle accident attorneys at Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery today. Our qualified and experienced team of accident lawyers is ready to get to work investigating what happened so we can secure the compensation you need. This can include:
- Coverage of medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages if you cannot work while recovering
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence
If you or a loved one need a Louisville bicycle accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at (859) 578-4444.
“One of the most empathetic, knowledgeable, caring, and helpful attorneys that I have ever dealt with.” – Hunter