Louisville Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Uber and Lyft are household names. These rideshare giants provide valuable services for those in Kentucky who need a ride from place to place. However, there are times serious accidents occur that involve Uber and Lyft vehicles. If you or a loved one are injured and need help from a Louisville Uber and Lyft accident attorney, contact Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery today. We will get to work investigating your case in order to secure any compensation you are entitled to.
Let Justice Starts Here handle this case
After sustaining a serious injury involving a rideshare vehicle, you need help from a personal injury firm with vast experience handling cases against major insurance carriers and companies. At Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, we are ready to get to work.
- We specialize in personal injury law and only personal injury law. We are recognized as authorities in that field due to our specialized experience in that field.
- We have a proven record of success securing billions of dollars in favorable verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients.
- We are committed to consistent, transparent communication with our clients. We respond to all calls and inquiries within 24 hours, and we are more than willing to accommodate those who are not able to meet with us in the office.
- We take all Louisville Uber and Lyft accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients face no upfront cost for their case and only pay legal fees after we win.
What will an attorney do for your case?
An accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle can become incredibly complex because it means dealing with an array of insurance carriers and companies, none of which want to pay out a settlement on your behalf. Your Louisville Uber and Lyft accident attorney will be responsible for handling every aspect of the case, including:
- Obtaining any evidence from the crash, including eyewitness statements, video surveillance, police reports, and data from the rideshare driver’s app.
- Investigating the driving history of the Uber or Lyft driver involved.
- Ensuring you are evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can assess the full extent of your injuries.
- Negotiating with all parties involved, including every insurance carrier, to secure the compensation you are entitled to.
How do Uber & Lyft accidents occur?
It can be notoriously difficult to find out exactly how many Uber or Lyft accidents happen in Kentucky or anywhere in the United States each year. These companies do what they can to make themselves look as good as possible and do not publicize accidents. However, when we consider that there were 158,171 total collisions reported during the in Kentucky, it would be naive to assume that there were no Uber or Lyft vehicles involved. We know that these incidents occur. Rideshare drivers are just like anybody else on the roadway. They are regular people using their personal vehicles to take passengers from place to place.
Some of the most common causes of Uber and Lyft accidents include the following:
- Driver distraction (particularly when drivers have to use their phone’s GPS)
- Impaired drivers
- Operating too fast for conditions
- Failing to yield
- Following too closely
Most common Uber & Lyft accident injuries
Injuries caused by Uber and Lyft accidents can be severe, just like any other traffic collision. It is not uncommon for our Louisville Uber and Lyft accident attorneys to help clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
Understanding Uber & Lyft insurance?
It can be difficult to understand how insurance works after an Uber or Lyft accident. Since Kentucky is a no-fault car accident insurance state, injured victims typically turn to their own personal injury protection (PIP) coverage for help paying medical bills. However, this coverage is quickly exhausted, and victims may need to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Uber and Lyft have various tiers of insurance coverage that kicks in depending on what the driver is doing at the time of an accident.
If a rideshare driver is involved in a car accident while they are not signed in to work on the rideshare app, typical Kentucky insurance laws apply. Injured parties will turn to PIP coverage and file a claim against the at-fault driver if PIP coverage limits are exhausted.
If a rideshare driver is signed into the app to work but does not have a passenger, injured parties will still turn to PIP coverage first. If coverage limits are exhausted or if a PIP claim is denied, Uber and Lyft offer limited insurance in these cases.
If a rideshare driver is signed into the app to work and has a passenger, or is on the way to pick one up, both Uber and Lyft have one million dollar liability policies that kick in to cover anybody involved in the accident.
Navigating the various insurance carriers involved in an Uber or Lyft accident can be incredibly difficult. A skilled Kentucky Uber and Lyft accident attorney understands every part of this process and will work to ensure maximum compensation for victims.
How much compensation can you get for your case?
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle, seek assistance from an attorney immediately. At the Law Offices of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, we have vast experience handling all types of personal injury cases, including ones just like this. We will investigate your case and work to secure any compensation you are entitled to, which can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the crash
- Lost income and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against any grossly negligent party
We are not afraid to take on aggressive insurance carriers or companies through a personal injury lawsuit. When you need a Louisville Uber and Lyft accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling toll free at 888-606-5297.