Louisville Bicycle Accident Attorney
There are plenty of bicyclists in and around the Louisville area. Unfortunately, there are also far too many bicycle accidents that cause serious injuries to riders. At Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, we are here to help if you need a Louisville bicycle accident attorney. We will investigate your case and work to secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why choose Hendy Johnson Vaughn Emery?
In the aftermath of a serious bicycle accident injury, victims need to find an attorney with vast experience handling these types of cases. Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery is ready to help.
- The sole focus of our firm is personal injury law. This has given us years of specialized experience that will help us secure the compensation you deserve.
- We pride ourselves on giving each client individualized attention. An attorney will handle your case directly from start to finish.
- We take all Louisville bicycle accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they deserve.
Will an attorney be beneficial for your case?
Most people who are injured in a bicycle accident do not have the resources or legal experience necessary to properly secure the compensation they are entitled to. Your Louisville bicycle accident lawyer will be responsible for:
- Gathering all evidence from the incident (any photos or videos, eyewitness accounts, accident reports, etc.).
- Ensuring that you are evaluated by a trusted medical professional.
- Properly calculating your total economic and non-economic damages.
- Negotiating with all parties to secure fair compensation for your total losses.
- Bicycle accidents can lead to severe injuries.
Bicycle accidents are often devastating. According to the Kentucky Department of Transportation, there were hundreds of bicycle accidents throughout the state during the latest reporting year. Even if a bicyclist is wearing a helmet, that does not mean they will not sustain a serious injury. Passenger vehicles weigh several thousand pounds, and this can inflict serious injuries on a bicyclist if an accident occurs.
It is not uncommon for the Louisville bicycle accident attorneys at Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery to help clients who have sustained the following injuries:
- Open head wounds
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe road rash or lacerations
In many cases, a bicycle accident is caused by the careless or negligent actions of vehicle drivers. The Kentucky DOT says the following are common bicycle accident causes:
- Drivers failing to yield the right of way
- Driver distraction
- Driver inattention
- Impaired drivers
It is vital for drivers to understand that bicyclists have the right to use the roadway just like any other vehicle in most circumstances.
Is there compensation for a bicycle accident?
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a bike accident that was caused by another person’s careless or negligent actions, contact Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery today. Our qualified and experienced team is ready to get to work investigating what happened so we can secure the compensation you need. This can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Lost wages if you cannot work while recovering
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence
If you need a Louisville bicycle accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling toll free at 888-606-5297.