Louisville Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
If your loved one is in a nursing home, you should be able to count on them being safe at all times. However, there are times when nursing home staff are abusive and cause serious harm to residents. If you suspect your loved one has been abused in a nursing home, turn to the Law Office of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery today. Our Louisville nursing home abuse attorneys will get to work securing the compensation your loved one is entitled to.
Why choose Hendy Johnson Vaughn Emery?
Nursing home abuse incidents require assistance from a skilled attorney, and the team at Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery is ready to get to work on your behalf.
- We have immense experience in handling personal injury law cases, and we are recognized as authorities in this field due to our specialized experience.
- We are committed to consistent and open communication with all clients. You will have direct access to your attorney, and we are more than willing to come to you if you cannot make it to our office.
- We take all Louisville nursing home abuse cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients owe no legal fees until we secure the compensation they deserve.
Will an attorney be beneficial for this case?
A Louisville nursing home abuse attorney will have the resource and experience necessary to properly pursue full compensation for your case. They will be responsible for:
- Working with a trusted medical professional to assess the harm caused to your loved one.
- Obtaining all evidence related to the abuse as well as a history of the employee or agency involved.
- Negotiating with all parties involved to secure full compensation for your loved one.
- Nursing home abuse can happen in many different ways.
Studies indicate that one out of every ten people over the age of 60 experience elder abuse in this country. That is unacceptable, and those who perpetrate elder abuse should be held accountable both criminally and civilly. According to the National Council on Aging (NCOA), this abuse takes many different forms, and can include:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Neglect of basic necessities
- Improper medication
- Financial abuse
- Psychological and emotional abuse
Family members of those in nursing homes need to be vigilant. Nursing home employees and volunteers are often responsible for this abhorrent abuse. Family members should look for the following signs and symptoms of abuse and alert authorities if they discover abuse has occurred:
- Unexplained cuts, burns, bruises, and scrapes
- Bedsores at any stage
- Lingering or frequent infections
- Constant odors from urine and feces
- Dirty living quarters or facility
- Unresponsiveness or lethargy of the resident
- Anxiety around certain caregivers or residents
- Rapid mood changes or depression
What type of compensation is available for this case?
If you suspect that your loved one has been abused in a nursing home, you need to seek legal assistance today. At the Law Office of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, our qualified and experienced team will investigate your case and work to secure the compensation your loved one is entitled to. This could include:
- Coverage for all medical expenses related to the abuse
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Relocation expenses if necessary
- Possible punitive damages against the abuser and facility
When you need a Louisville nursing home abuse attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling toll free at 888-606-5297.