Louisville Construction Accident Attorney
The last thing you should have to worry about when you work in the construction industry is that you will be seriously injured. Unfortunately, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of another person cause serious workplace injuries. At Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, our Louisville construction accident attorneys are here to help you get through this. We will work to secure any compensation you are entitled to.
Why is Justice Starts Here your choice?
After a work injury on a construction site, you need a trusted attorney with vast experience in this area of law. Let Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery get to work on your case today.
- We have vast experience in personal injury cases, including dealing with aggressive insurance carriers and employers.
- We treat each client with dignity and respect, ensuring that their case is handled by an attorney -never a paralegal or junior associate.
- We take all Louisville construction accident injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients only pay legal fees after we secure a favorable settlement or verdict.
Do you need an attorney to help with this case?
Construction accident cases can become complicated, especially if you are dealing with an insurance carrier that delays or denies a claim. Your attorney will be responsible for your entire case, which includes:
- Obtaining all evidence related to the incident, including accident reports, video surveillance, and witness statements.
- Working with a trusted medical expert to properly calculate your total losses (employer, insurance carrier, third parties).
- Negotiating with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement amount or preparing your case for trial if necessary.
Construction accidents can cause serious injuries
According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), we know that the construction industry is one of the most dangerous occupations a person can have. OSHA data shows that more than 21% of all worker fatalities during the latest reporting year in the United States happened in the construction industry. OSHA has even called the leading causes of death in the construction industry the “Fatal Four,” which includes:
- Falls – 33.5%
- Struck by Object – 11.1%
- Electrocutions – 8.5%
- Caught-in/between objects – 5.5%
Construction companies have a responsibility to ensure that their workers are properly trained and have the right equipment to do their jobs safely. In general, construction accident injuries tend to happen due to an unsafe condition, which can include:
- Falls from scaffolding or the collapse of scaffolding
- Burn injuries, including from welding incidents and electrical burns
- Lack of communication between workers and subcontractors
- Lack of safety training
- Ignoring implemented safety rules
- Injuries from improperly handling equipment
In general, construction accident injuries are handled through workers’ compensation insurance. However, injuries that occur due to negligent third parties or defective equipment could allow for the injured party to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover even more compensation.
What kind of compensation is available?
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a construction accident but is struggling to secure the compensation you are entitled to, contact the Law Offices of Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery today. We will investigate what happened in order to secure the following on your behalf:
- Compensation for your medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- General household expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent third-party
When you need a Louisville construction accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling toll free at 888-606-5297.