What is Wrongful Death? Do You Have a Case?
Wondering if your loved one suffered from a wrongful death? At Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, we’re here to help bring clarity to those who are experiencing the devastation of an unexpected loss.
What is Wrongful Death?
A wrongful death claim is a specific kind of personal injury lawsuit. Wrongful death cases are filed against the party or parties who caused the death on behalf of the loved one(s) who have lost the company and support of the deceased. A wrongful death claim can be made when a person is killed as a result of negligence or a deliberate, harmful act. Some examples include:
- Careless driving
- Vehicular manslaughter
- Drunk or impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Unsafe work conditions
- Industrial deaths
- Medical malpractice
- Fire-related deaths
Wrongful Death Damages
Our team is committed to seek justice for the loss of your loved one by seeking a remedy for what has been taken from your family such as:
- The loss of affection and love
- The loss of companionship
- The loss of assistance and services
- The loss of your loved one’s earnings which would have helped provide for your family
- Recovery of medical expenses as a result of the loss
- Recovery of burial and funeral costs
- Punitive damages if there is evidence of reckless conduct resulting in the loss of your loved one
Our compassionate approach to wrongful death cases is unrivaled while standing firmly against those responsible for such losses. When there is evidence that suggests the death could have been avoided, our team here at Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery has the resources to explore potential remedies due to the survivors of the deceased. If you think you have a wrongful death case, please reach out to our team as soon as possible for a free case evaluation.