Louisville Negligent Security Lawyer
When you go somewhere, the last thing you should ever have to worry about is that you will be harmed. However, there are times when property owners fail to provide adequate security for their premises. This can lead to serious injuries for patrons. At Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, our Louisville negligent security attorneys are ready to help if you or a loved one are harmed. We will work to secure any compensation you are entitled to.
Why do you need Justice Starts Here?
When pursuing a negligent security claim, seek assistance from an attorney with extensive experience handling these types of cases. Let Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery get to work on your behalf today.
- We specialize in personal injury cases, which gives us an insight into the tactics used by property owners and insurance carriers to avoid paying out settlements.
- Your case will always be handled by an attorney, which means you will never be handed off to a paralegal or junior associate.
- We take Louisville negligent security cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you will owe no legal fees until we win your case.
How will an attorney help your case?
Personal injury cases related to negligent security can become incredibly complicated, and an attorney will be able to handle every aspect of your case. This includes:
- Obtaining all evidence related to the injury incident (including eyewitness statements, surveillance videos, accident reports, etc.).
- Ensuring that you are properly treated by a trusted medical professional who can assess the full extent of your injuries.
- Negotiating with all parties involved in order to ensure you receive compensation for all injury-related expenses.
What constitutes negligent security?
Property owners have a duty to ensure the safety of the people who have a right to be on their premises. This includes providing adequate security measures for the given situation. Whether or not it is a residential facility such as an apartment complex, a shopping mall, a bank, a government facility, or some other private property, there should be adequate security measures in place.
Without adequate security, major injuries can happen to customers, residents, and guests. While reasonable security measures will vary depending on specific conditions, property owners may be required to implement the following security measures:
- Working locks for all doors and windows at residential establishments.
- Working surveillance cameras throughout the premises.
- Security personnel on duty who are properly trained and regularly ensure that the premises are safe.
- Heavier security for higher-risk establishments where crime may occur, such as shopping malls, bars, night clubs, etc.
If property owners fail to provide adequate security, victims could sustain serious injuries. There is a risk of physical violence as well as sexual assaults. Any injury victim should have the right to hold property owners liable if they are harmed due to inadequate security measures.
Can you get compensation for this?
If you or someone you love has been injured due to a lapse in security measures on another person’s property, seek legal assistance immediately. At Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery, our knowledgeable and experienced team is ready to help secure any compensation you may be entitled to, which can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages if you are unable to work
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against those responsible
If you need a Louisville negligent security attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling toll free at 888-606-5297.