Important Facts You Need to Know About Juul
Juul and other e-cigarette manufacturers have been under fire the last few months as new reports continue to outline the health risks and more injury cases and deaths come into the spotlight.
While the news has covered a lot about the risk of vaping, there are some significant facts everyone should know to help combat this epidemic that is sweeping our country.
Here are 5 facts you need to know about Juul:
- Highest Levels of Nicotine on the Market: Juul pods contain the highest concentrations of nicotine compared to any other e-cigarette manufacturer. The nicotine in one Juul pod is equivalent to a full pack of cigarettes.
- Terrible Side Effects: Given that vaping and e-cigarettes are relatively new, the long-term health risks are still unknown. The CDC and FDA are investigating side effects including seizures, respiratory illness, and even death. There have been over 120 reported cases of seizures, over 500 reported lung injuries and a total of 18 people have died in the US as a result of vaping relating injuries.
- Spending Millions in Lobbying: Juul has spent over $1 million dollars in just Q2 alone lobbying to block and prevent FDA regulations. Additionally, they’ve invested more than $4 million dollars trying to beat the San Francisco ballot to stop the sale of e-cigarettes in the city.
- Youth Marketing: You’ll be appalled to know that Juul has funded the distribution of their marketing materials in schools, church groups and summer camps where children as young as third grade are exposed to the materials.
- People Want to Quit: The Truth Initiative launched a “quit-vaping” campaign in January and within a few weeks over 27,000 teens enrolled in the program. Nearly 10,000 users responded to an assessment after the program and 61% reported they had reduced or stopped using e-cigarettes altogether.
If you or a loved one are a Juul or e-cigarette user and are experiencing negative side effects, we’re here to help. Our team of injury attorneys here at Hendy | Johnson | Vaughn | Emery have been fighting against large corporations for years and stand ready to take on the e-cigarette manufacturers. Contact us today for a free vape case evaluation.